Word Report #1
Word Report will be a series of posts in which I document uncommon terms I'm using. Unless stated otherwise, they are of my own invention.
- Topia: (based on Utopia/Dystopia) a society in which a particular vision is fully realized, without specifying if that society is good or bad.
- Ancapolite: "Polite anarcho-capitalism"; a society within an anarcho-capitalist framework where social and contractual norms and expectations are maintained by mutual social good-will, pressure, and other existing cultural systems.
- Seme: a piece of meaning/semantics. Compared to the related word sememe, a seme doesn't have to be smallest/atomic.
- "&adj": a suffix to mean "and adjacent". For example, "4chan&adj" means 4chan and adjacent websites/cultures, such as 2chan, 8chan, some reddits, weeb culture, the alt-right, etc.
- Postnmodern: a cultural movement designated by the term "modern" prefixed by "post-" n times. post⁰modernism is modernism, post¹modernism is post-modernism, post²modernism is post-post-modernism, post-even-modernism is postnmodernism where n is an even number, etc.
- I've been using the word "be" to indicate being while leaving tense explicitely unspecified. "I be here" does not specify whether I am, was, or will be here. Can be interpreted as related to the meme phrase "It do be like that".
- Similarly, I've been using the form "I have cat" to indicate my ownership of either a singular cat or plurality of cats, explicitely leaving number unspecified (not "I have a cat" nor "I have cats").
unless otherwise specified on individual pages, all posts on this website are licensed under the CC_-1 license.
unless explicitely mentioned, all content on this site was created by me; not by others nor AI.